Marvelous news again: H-2020 project NewsEye confirmed (December 2017)
Today we received the official confirmation, that the HORIZON-2020 proposal NewsEye: A Digital Investigator for Historical Newspapers with CITlab as one of the essential technology partners has been accepted and is now going to become our next big project for a 3-year period from 2018 to 2021.
Winner of the HisDoc-Layout-Competitions (November 2017)
First rank at IEHHR (November 2017)
PhD defense (May 2017)
A public Kolloquium finalized the dissertation of Tobias Strauß. Many thanks to Joan Andreu Sánchez Peiró from the Universitat Politècnica de València who was the second reviewer.
READ goes public
Our EU-Horizon2020 project READ is going more & more public ... CITlab presentation at a one-day user workshop at the Linnean Society in London, one of READ's partners.
First rank at ImageCLEF 2016 competition
First rank at ImageCLEF 2016 Handwritten Scanned Document Retrieval Task : Multi word query keyword search competition
READ project kick-off
The EU-Horizon2020 project READ has now been started with its official Kick-off Meeting in Marburg (Germany) – a common event with the co:op project, the co:op–READ Convention.
Marvelous news: HORIZON-2020 project READ confirmed
According to today's confirmation, we are now looking forward to finally setting up the HORIZON-2020 project READ (Recognition & Enrichment of Archival Documents) ... with CITlab-PLANET's essential ARGUS software for text recognition in historical documents!
Pole position again: Two first ranks at ICDAR 2015 competitions
At ICDAR 2015 – this year's leading document analysis & recognition event – the CITlab-PLANET project team participated in two competitions ... and again ... very successful!
- First Rank at HTRtS-2015: Handwritten Text Recognition on the tranScriptorium Dataset (Restricted Track)
- First Rank at KWS-2015: Keyword Spotting for Handwritten Documents (Training-based Track)
Five first ranks at the ANWRESH-2014 Contest
Rank 1 at the HTRtS-2014 Contest
Two new projects confirmed
In Spring 2014, CITlab received two new project fundings for our ongoing work in CI-based recognition technology.
Rank 3 at OpenHaRT 2013 Contest
We achieved Rank 3 in the constrained DIR task of the 2013 NIST Open Handwriting Recognition and Translation Evaluation (with ICDAR 2013), a document recognition evaluation for handwritten transcriptions of arabic news.
- Marvelous news again: H-2020 project NewsEye confirmed
- Winner of the HisDoc-Layout-Competitions
- First rank at IEHHR
- PhD defense
- READ goes public
- First rank at ImageCLEF 2016 competition
- READ project kick-off
- Marvelous news: HORIZON-2020 project READ confirmed
- Pole position again: Two first ranks at ICDAR 2015 competitions
- Five first ranks at the ANWRESH-2014 Contest
- Rank 1 at the HTRtS-2014 Contest
- Two new projects confirmed
- Rank 3 at OpenHaRT 2013 Contest