Dr. rer. nat. Falko Baustian
Research Assistant at the chair of Applied Analysis
Institut für Mathematik
Haus 3, Raum 438
Telefon: +49 (0)381 - 498 6581
My main research interest are partial differential equations. I am especially interested in applications in mathematical finance and in basis properties of systems of functions. My main collaborators are
- Vladimir Bobkov, Ufa Federal Research Centre
- Jan Pospíšil, University of West Bohemia
- Peter Takáč, University of Rostock
I wrote my dissertation "Analyticity in time and space for a semilinear Cauchy problem" and my diploma thesis "Die Black-Scholes-Modelle und vollständige Märkte" at the University of Rostock under the supervison of Prof. Dr. Peter Takáč, Ph.D.
06/2023 - Fučík systems for Dirichlet and Neumann boundary conditions at the 2nd UNC Greensboro Partial Differential Equations Conference (Virtual Conference) of the University of North Carolina in Greensboro (North Carolina, U.S.A.)
06/2023 - Basis properties of Fučík eigenfunctions for Dirichlet and Neumann boundary conditions at the Marseille-Toulouse-Rostock Meetings on PDE's at CIRM in Toulouse (France)
03/2023 - Pricing options with self-financing portfolios - a heuristic approach at the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen (Czech Republic)
You can make an appointment for office hours via email.
Winter term 2023/24
- Analysis I: Functions of one variable - Tutorials
- Integration theory - as assistant
Summer term 2023
- Analysis II: Functions of several variables (for Bachelor Mathematics) - Tutorials
- Analysis II: Functions of several variables (for Teaching and Physics) - Tutorials
I am the internationalisation representative of the Institute of Mathematics. With that said, I am the first person to contact for a semester abroad.
I travel to the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen with the teaching mobility of the Erasmus+ programm on a regular basis. I had longer resarch stays at the University of West Bohemia, at the Ufa Federal Research Centre, and at the Université Toulouse 1 Capitole.
Events for pupils
I am active at the non-profit organisation RHO e.V. that organizes different events
- Mathematical seminars in Warnemünde
- Kreisclub at the University of Rostock
- Preparation of the MV team for national stage of the mathematical olympiad
- Lectures for prospective students
for pupils from Mecklenburg-Vorpommern which are interested in mathematics.